Saturday, June 23, 2007


Here are my partners in ministry for this day. Ironically, all three are named John. Of course, the Slovak version is different namely Jan (Yon). On the far left is Jan my young translator. He is a 19 yr old college student who hails from central SK but is in college in Bratislava. I told Jan how refreshing it is to meet a young man with such a solid faith. Jan is truly wise beyond his years. It was my pleasure to spend the day with him and he did a great job translating my message. Then, center left is Jan the pastor. Jan lives with his wife and 3 kids here in this small village and is engaged in a variety of outreach endeavors. Pastor Jan has a challenging mission because there is not alot of openness to the gospel out here in the rural areas. Everything moves quite slowly out here and strictly according to tradition. Certainly this can provide a solid sense of stability for communities but also prevent growth and fruitful change. Pastor Jan invited us into his home before we went into the prison where his wife fed us a delicious lunch. Unfortunately I forgot to get some pics from Lunch. And lastly is Jan from Mass Media Center who has been on my blog before. Neither of the last 2 Jan's speak any english so my Slovak got lots of practice today. I had to think of a way to differetiate between the three so I named my translator Janci (yon-chee), our guide Jan and my Mass Media friend Janko.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home