Monday, April 14, 2008


After a lovely Easter church service I was blessed to be in the company of this Slovak family. Maria, on the far left, used to attend the C.S. Lewis high school where I have been involved since I came to SK. Her family has reached out to me and invited me to be part of their circle and I am so very grateful to them. Here we are at a nice restaurant in a small village near to where they live. The walls were decorated with traditional Slovak items, as you can see behind us. My menu selection was the traditional SK Halusky (ha-lou-shkee) which is a mound of small dumpling like food smothered in cheese made from goat milk and bits of bacon sprinkled on top. It’s a ‘stick to your ribs’ kind of lunch.

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger candee said...

Hey there Scott! After Googling several (Regis) Rangers, I find it very cool to learn that you are in "SK" doing the Lord's work; you are such an inspiration! Take care, and safe travels back home in May. Peace be with you.... Candee
P.S. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home