Monday, April 14, 2008

Also on this trip I made a stop in Bojnice where the baseball camp is held each summer and where many of the participating families live. I make it a point to stop and see whoever happens to be available at the time. This day I mostly spent with my friend Peter who is a senior in high school. I was fortunate enough to have a home cooked lunch with his dad and his grandfather at the family cottage just outside town where they grow a variety of fruits and vegetables. While the food was fantastic, the stories from grandpa about WWII were even better. In one story he tells of watching a midair dog fight between German and American fighter pilots as dozens of B-52 bombers are on their way to bomb Germany.Peter did all the translating for his grandfather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home