Saturday, May 17, 2008


There are fewer more beautiful city sites than a European city in the evening. Here is my home city of Bratislava just a couple weeks ago. All along the Danube river here in the city are these grand old boats which have been decomissioned as sailing vessels and have become popular restaurants, pubs, muzeums and hotels. You can see in the background St. Martins steeple and of course the castle on the hill. If you look closely in the boat there are musicians playing and an appreciative listening audience.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Nu said...

Hi, I'm an Australian who is currently living in Berlin while doing and exchange program.

Uni holidays are coming up and I'm planning to backpack around Europe. Unfortunately I only have four short days in Slovakia but I was wondering if you could help me. I'm having trouble finding good information on Slovakia and I don't know where to spend my four days.

I would like to see Slovakian culture and met the people but seeing the countryside and old ruins (I'm a classics student) are also a high priorities. Any advice you can offer would be great. Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home