Tuesday, September 22, 2009


There were a few problems on the trail today. In addition to getting lost in the forest briefly, I fell off of an elevated log trail and bruised my calf quite deeply but managed to finish the trip despite the pain. I had already been limping along a bit due to a bicycle accident in the city before my retreat where a crazy man in a hummer knocked me off my bike at a fairly high rate of speed. The road where I crashed wasnt damaged too badly so no big deal:) The hike today was 5 hours round trip and I was predictably tired at the end. I wasnt looking forward to the 4 hour drive back into the concrete jungle (Bratislava). It didnt take long for the battle within myself to begin on the journey home as I struggled to remain positive in the face of callous, rude drivers. But nothing could dampen my spirit as I savored the sweet moments I encountered with the lover of my soul these past 4 days.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Vic & Darla Dominic, Ana D'Ettorre said...

A very powerful and symbolic writing. Yes Slovak Paradise is the perfect place to find the silence and escape from busyness that imprisons us and connect with the lover of our soul. If we could win that battle over the noise of the world and remain in silence with Him, we would discover not only His everlasting love for us but His perfect will for our lives; it is a battle that has great reward when we experience the victory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home