Thursday, July 13, 2006

And then it happened. The kids streamed into camp with excitement, anticipation and lots of energy. Here are my teenage boys. There are 21 boys, only 4 of which were in camp last year. In 2005 very few spoke English. This year there were only a few that didn't speak any English at all. What a huge difference that makes for me. To have the ability to just strike up a conversation with one of these guys is invaluable. My goal is to get to know each guy personally. I want to give each of them a chance to tell me their story. We start by getting to know each other. In this photo, the guys have to alphabetize themselves from A to Z (using first names) from one side of the fire pit benches to the other without touching the ground. Hope you used deodorant today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home