Tuesday, October 31, 2006



Enjoy some more great moments from the Bojnice baseball camp this past July as I share some thoughts on my faith journey.
One of the biggest challenges of living a life of faith, at least for me, is to establish and maintain an internal peace and contentment despite what might be happening around me. Unless we live in a bubble or a monastery, the noise and the chaos of the real world is going to be a constant source of stress and anxiety. But even if we can shut out the external distractions there is the internal noise we also must deal with. For me, the internal noise can be more menacing than the external. The unsettling nature of the internal blender of voices, images and strange thoughts can easily rob me of the peace and contentment I long for. The inner voices of darkness seem to constantly attempt to barrage me with harsh, critical and condemning thoughts about myself. Am I the only one who has to regularly fend off feelings or thoughts of inadequacy or a lack of value and worth? The search for true peace and contentment sometimes feels like hunting for a buried treasure without a map. Very elusive .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home