Saturday, December 09, 2006


For the past few weeks I have been attending a Slovak language class to accelerate my language competency. It is a long journey and I am working hard to improve. This past friday there was a presentation of Slovak history and culture. The presenters did a nice job of laying out many centuries of important names and dates which make up the rich history of this nation. As with many European nations there have been many changes over the years. Near the end of the presentation one presenter played 7 or 8 different musical instraments from Slovakia's past. Here he is playing a very old, hand crafted accordian. He also played an amazing variety of flutes, some taller than me. At one point he played an interesting type of bag pipe. Unfortunately, I didnt get my camera out in time to capture more of the action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home