Tuesday, May 22, 2007


This is my new friend Andrej. Just last week I invited him over for some lunch. I originally met Andrej the first time I called for a taxi here in the city. Andrej drives taxi here in Bratislava and speaks good english. We had a nice conversation that first meeting so I took his number and continued to call him when I needed a taxi. After I purchased my car I called to tell him I wouldnt be hailing his taxi anymore but that I wanted to stay in touch. He agreed. Andrej has experienced many difficult life changing events in his world lately and is beginning to ask some large, significant questions about the purpose and meaning of our exsistance. We have had some great conversations and I hope to continue the discussion in the future. Andrej seems anxious to continue as well. This is typical of the opportunities I have had in Slovakia to build relationships with different people and encourage them as they journey through life in all its complexities. What a great privilege it is to walk along side people like Andrej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home