Saturday, June 23, 2007


Similar to other ministry endeavors I have participated in here, I traveled with a translator and a member representing the Mass Media Center (Slavo's Ministry). They are affiliated with the Lutheran church and do a number of different evangelical activities. Because the Lutheran church remains quite damaged and frozen from the communist years, the powers that be tend to be apathetic toward the type of church growth that the Mass Media center is attempting to nurture. Things like radio and t.v. outreach, campus outreach and of course prison services all of which makes Slavo's mission more difficult. My message today centered around anger, hurt, shame and identity. The basic message attempts to help the men understand the source or fuel of destructive anger namely, personal woundedness and shame. I encouraged them to boldly confront the destructive false messages we each carry in our hearts and minds from our past. I spoke to them very plainly about our true identities rooted in biblical truth and manifested in a submissive relationship with Jesus. The time was short however well spent I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home