Saturday, December 22, 2007

Anyone who enjoys handmade crafts would be in heaven here. There is quite an amazing variety of crafts made from wood, glass, ceramics, fabrics and even corn husks.

Hope part 7
I found myself being pulled into a state of sadness because this poor young women fought against all the unfairness and trials in her life and was able to overcome them only to be deprived of savoring her achievement. However it didn’t take long for me to feel an uneasiness in my heart about her life story. I found I couldn’t be sad for the reason the director and producer of the movie wanted me to be sad, namely that she was able to be triumphant in the face of tragedy and then had it taken away so suddenly. Instead I found myself being sad for another reason. I was sad because no one told this poor girl that there is hope for so much more beyond the acclaim, adulation or respect of other people. I was yearning for someone to tell her that there is more to hope for beyond overcoming an unfulfilling, sad childhood. I wanted her to know that the creator of the universe has ensured us that hope rooted in the sacred can lead us so much higher than what we can reach for or design on our own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home