Thursday, August 03, 2006

These particular pictures are random in a sense that I won’t be doing commentary on what you are seeing. They are there for your viewing enjoyment as I share with you some thoughts about my emotional and spiritual acclimation to Slovakia. Three months have come and gone since I made Slovakia my home. In almost every way it feels like a much longer time. Usually that statement is reserved for when we want to say that a certain time in our lives has been really unpleasant. My intention is not to use it in that respect for my current situation. As I expected, it has been a wild ride so far. Just the sheer number of brand new experiences is amazing. So much about life here is different. So much of it is the same. There is a saying in the counseling profession that “wherever you go, there you are.” It simply means that whatever areas in your life that you consider weaknesses or shortcomings will follow you no matter where you travel. You cannot escape you. And there is something about being in a situation like I am which brings a lot of your “stuff” to the surface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home