Monday, January 08, 2007


The differences between living here and there are more subtle in nature and therefore more difficult to express with words. Perhaps I will understand more as time goes by but for now it seems that the effects of living here are more apparent to me, although this too requires much deciphering to comprehend it. As of late, my internal awareness has been keenly confronted by the reality of the insignificance of temporal experiences (the things we can see, touch, hear…). For me, this is such a difficult concept to wrap my mind around. The reason it’s so difficult is obvious, temporal experiences appear to be the most “real” aspect of our existence. As soon as we open our eyes in the morning our brains are taking in the data brought in by our eyes, ears and skin…so the things that we see, hear and touch become our primary focus. But what of the unseen realities? What can we know about them and how can we go about discovering these truths? God is teaching me more about the futility of focusing on (and putting energy into) the things I can see with my physical eyes. The truly significant things are eternal and can only be seen with the eyes of my heart and a mind transformed by truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home