Thursday, February 21, 2008


One day, a few weeks ago, I noticed a certain family walking up toward the Amfiteater and then disappearing into the woods along this path. The family consists of 5 small children and their parents. The oldest child appears to be about 7. I have come to know them a little bit and they me. Ive made a few donations to them from time to time like food, clothing, shampoo and sometimes I give a little money to the mom because I know she will spend it on her children. The dad seems to struggle with alcoholism. When they started asking for candles I began to suspect they were not living in a homeless shelter. I hope to get their permission for a photo in the near future. This particular day I decided to follow the trail and see where it leads. There is "fresh" garbage everywhere and a well worn path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home