Thursday, February 21, 2008


Something which used to puzzle me is where the homeless people walking around my neighborhood were coming from. My flat complex is just outside the city center, which is where most indigent people live/survive. This is considered one of the nicer neighborhoods in the area. And yet, on a daily basis I see homeless people digging through the trash in the garbage bins outside my window. I wondered if they took city buses here to look through the garbages and ask the residents for food or money. One day as I looked closely at this ticket booth at the Amfiteater I noticed that the garbage looked "newer", as if it hadnt been there very long. And then I noticed this homemade chimney sticking out of a window of the ticket booth and realized there were people living in this place. I have established a connection with the people living here, a man, a pregnant women and 3 year old boy. They appear to be Gypsy's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home