Friday, August 11, 2006

One of the things I am learning now or should I say re-learning is that it doesn’t matter how well you may have learned this truth before or how wise you believe you have become in life. You can find yourself back into that state of pride (believing you have a good handle on running your life) anytime and not even know you’ve gone back to it.
Not to worry though. God has designed the experiences of life in such a way that inevitably we will crash and burn in some way and be brought back to the realization that we are really not in control of how our life unfolds. And the things we pursue for fulfillment in this world truly cannot satisfy our hunger. This has been my experience these last several weeks. Rather than look for ways to numb or comfort myself from the pain, I asked God to give me the strength to walk in it, even embrace it. Because otherwise this whole process will be a waste of time and nothing beneficial will come out of it. The benefits that I am receiving are invaluable and I will be a different person because of it. Hopefully I will be more selfless, more compassionate and yes more deeply rooted in humility. God is accomplishing His primary goal during this time within me, which is a deeper dependence on Him. And again, I give thanks to God for His loving discipline.
In the photo, meet my friends Dada, Mima, Monika and Barabara at the baseball camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home