Sunday, September 17, 2006

Here are some additional photos of the beautiful city of Budapest.
It’s Saturday morning and I am sitting in my flat soaking in some quiet time and enjoying the laughter of the small children just outside my window. There are few sounds in our world more soothing and delightful than those of carefree children playing and laughing. Every time I hear these sounds I am reminded what God’s word says about being like a little child with regard to my faith. I suppose there are many different pearls of wisdom one could glean from this passage. For me, it helps me to stay focused on the notion that I have a daily need to draw near to and stay close by my heavenly father. It’s adopting a mentality that I am naive and vulnerable when I stray away from the guidance and protection of my father God. Trust has been the key issue here for me. Many of you have had the experience of being responsible for a small child in a crowded place. The child wants to cling to you because they feel overwhelmed by the situation. When I ponder the daunting complexities and challenges of life in this world I can feel overwhelmed at times. I believe that God is very pleased with his people when they admit their inadequacies and vulnerabilities, choose to put their trust in Him and learn to depend on Him everyday. The moments of pain and trial in our lives, such as the one I have been embroiled, are great opportunities to be renewed in this crucial element of our relationship with God. I can say with a great degree of certainty that I have a deeper understanding and commitment to the daily need to cling to my father God (and what that looks like) regardless of the circumstances in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home