Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another clear example of seeking for what I need in the wrong place is in the activities I engage in as a minister. There have been too many moments when I allow myself to be convinced that what I do in the interest of the kingdom is a measuring stick to determining my value and worth as a person. If you have been reading this blog recently you have heard me talk about the way I have used performance in the past to justify and solidify my position as a ‘good guy’ in the eyes of God or others. As far as God is concerned, He already knows that I am a wretch. God sees my heart as clear as day, knows all my faults, weaknesses and ugliness and still loves me with a passion I can scarcely fathom. As far as others are concerned, even if I could convince everyone in the world to love me and respect me, I would still be hungry for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home