Sunday, September 17, 2006

The simple fact is that I was not designed to be satisfied by the limited, conditional love of others, but only by the limitless, unconditional love of the designer of my heart. The book of Matthew, chapter 18, is where Jesus talks about becoming like a little child. Some think He meant pursuing or submitting to an attitude of humbleness, which seems to fit. When we are humble we can admit that we don’t have the answers and we don’t have control over the circumstances in our lives. Much like a little child in circumstances that seem mysterious and overwhelming. When I personally make those admissions it leads me to a place of recognizing my need for someone who does have the answers and does have the control. Jesus is that someone. And I know I can trust Him to take me by the hand to lead me and guide me out of the darkness and into the light, out of the confusion and into the truth, out of the heart hungering and into the banquet. May God’s blessings of humbleness be yours today. May you grant Him permission to take you by the hand and lead you through whatever you are facing in your life today. Your heavenly father will be well pleased with the invitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home