Thursday, March 01, 2007


Now, I can either be anxious and fearful about not having my own fate in my hands or I can rest peacefully in it. It is totally an issue of control, trust and confidence. To what or whom am I placing those 3 crucial aspects of my life. There is no guarantee about being comfortable or experiencing pleasure along the journey. As a matter of fact I know that if I trust God with every detail of my life I will experience a great deal of hardship and difficulty. In addition, my life is going to be used in a way that appears to be a complete waste according to a wordly understanding with regard to what defines success and achievement. The only question is: am I willing to walk in that reality, to be obedient to it. The answer is, some days “yes” and some days “no.” The alternative is the same and yet different. The same because even if I choose to go my own way in life, leaning on my own understanding, relying on self confidence there is also drudgery, anxiety and suffering. It is different however because the former has the promise of hope for efforts which are shaped into something useful for others as well as the great eternal hope at the end of my life. The latter leads nowhere and accomplishes nothing of any earthly good and the rewards are only what I receive here when I experience brief and fleeting moments of pleasure. And so we press on…
This photo is from a small dinner gathering recently. The host is Tony (far right) who is from Australia and has been traveling the globe for many years as a minister of the gospel. Next to him is Antonio who hails from Bucharest, Romania. Lena added the only touch of feminine grace to our evening. She is from the Ukraine. This is one of the great things about living abroad. Almost everyone you meet is from a distant land with a completely unique culture, language and life experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home