Friday, August 11, 2006

Life is such a journey of awakening. Someone once said “the more you learn the less you know.” I interpret that to say, the more life you experience, the more humbled you get. It’s a willingness to recognize and embrace the reality that we are, as fallible humans, so powerless and clueless. I fit the description better than anyone I know. Things are not quite as painful as the last time I blogged. Depending on the circumstances that could be a good thing, but it also could be a bad thing. We humans know all too well how to use certain pain killers, which are available all around us, to numb or hide from this sort of thing. In this case I believe the diminished pain is a good thing. Not just because it doesn’t hurt so much anymore. And who’s to say the pain for this particular season in my life is not going to return. It’s a good thing because the next phase of this process has been unfolding. This is the stage where I get to learn more about the specifics about how I arrived to this place in my life, what are the significant pieces of it, why did I not see it coming sooner and most importantly how does God want to use it to refine me and make me more like Him.
Oh, by the way, this is a photo of the group of people who live and work in Hungary and brought kids to our baseball camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home