Thursday, March 01, 2007


This photo is also from my balcony.
In a similar, less dramatic sort of way, this has been my experience here. And it doesn’t seem to matter where you live or what your life circumstances are, life has a way of teaching us we are not in control. The question is, are we listening? As I have said before, the reality is I do not belong to myself. My life is not my own to do with as I please. Everything I have has been give to me as a gift and it may all be changed or taken away with no notice and for no reason I can understand. At face value life may look like a raw deal sometimes. It may seem like we are stuck in a real solutionless situation. Often times, on a deeper level, I have questioned why I am here in Slovakia. There are many things in the temporal realm I can point to and say” that’s why I am here.” But why has the process been such an up hill climb? I wonder why I feel almost constantly as if I am carrying a refrigerator on my back. The questions about whether I am any earthly good to anyone here resound in my mind. Again, when I look at it practically I know there has been and will be "ripples on the pond" as a result of my being here. I have no clue what the future looks like. But through it all there is one thing I do know, God is in control. I don’t understand how or what that looks like but I know it to be true. One thing I am certain of is God cares about what happens to me. There is a plan and a purpose for my life which is far above my ability to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home