Tuesday, May 22, 2007


Welcome to the party! This is a group of people from Indiana who came serve as a work crew for 10 days here in Bratislava. A local ministry here in town is renovating a building, both interior and exterior, and these fine people came to lend their gifts, talents and time. As I share some photos from the past couple weeks here, I also want to share some of the things God is teaching me on my journey. The focus of this particular season in my faith journey continues to center in on the amazing and misunderstood love of Abba Father. As the years go by, slowly I become more aware of the person who is hidden under the layers of deception, misconception and false perceptions. In other words the real me is becoming more apparent all the time and my vision of that person is becoming clearer. God, the master sculptor, continues to carve, shape and mold me into the masterpiece He originally blue printed before I was born. The hammer and chisel He uses are called love and discipline. One of the things I’m learning about the facsimile me is that for most of my Christian life I have had very little understanding or acceptance of the powerful and pursuing love of God. For far too many years I labored to be a worthy recipient of a love which has always been offered free of charge. In light of this amazing truth it can be difficult for me at times to avoid getting stuck in regret for not abandoning the attempts to earn this love much sooner. Permissiveness is all that is required. When it comes to the method or reason for God’s love for me there is a mingling of mystery and simplicity. For in one sense, how I conduct myself is a non factor in regard to the inspiration of Gods love for me. God simply doesn’t care what I do or don’t do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home