Monday, August 20, 2007


Too cute!

Had I not moved to Europe I probably would have continued to serve in a counseling ministry on some level. In addition, I was still enjoying my volunteer experiences as a mentor and friend to young people. Certainly, I feel as if those activities are a productive and fruitful endeavor no matter where you conduct them. However as I experience a whole new lifestyle and culture here in Slovakia, I have a new vantage point for which to look back on my life in Minnesota. As a result I have some new perspectives which are leading to opportunities for growth and a different way of living.
One of my inclinations is to question how the human tendencies of habit, routine and structure fit into God’s plan for my life. God is certainly the supreme designer of everything which operates in an ordered and organized fashion. However, is it possible that lifestyles rooted in routine and structure can interfere with the way that God has designed us live? These tendencies are not limited to how we act but also includes our internal, emotional make-up. Can I really become all that God has created me to be when I am seeking the comfortable places in life such as human acclamation, encouragement or admiration? I have learned that I can easily become dependant on being seen, noticed and acknowledged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home