Friday, October 19, 2007

Living abroad has brought an explosion of new ideas, experiences and interpersonal insight. The latest experiences for me here in Slovakia are new opportunities to help ease the financial crunch by teaching English. One of the best ways for native English speakers to earn money in this part of the world is to teach the language. I am currently working part-time for a local industrial company who desires to have an English speaking workforce. In addition, I also have a few private students who I meet with on a regular basis. This is a great opportunity for me and the people I teach. The students will increase their ability to be effective in their jobs and also make themselves more marketable for future positions with other firms. This is a must-have skill for many Slovaks who hope to consistently advance in their field. For me, its not only a chance to recover some of the resources lost due to plunging dollar strength, it’s also a great opportunity to build more relationships with people. I have already discovered that most of my teaching experiences go well beyond discussing grammar and vocabulary.

For a Mn boy (Matt) who hasnt been away from the 10,000 lakes much places like the Devin castle ruins is really amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home