Tuesday, September 22, 2009


A plan was devised whereby I would travel to one of Slovakia's most treasured nature areas in search of solitude, silence and hopefully a genuine encounter with my God. The area is known as Slovensky Raj which means Slovak Paradise. It is situated very near to the High Tatras which are the highest mountain peaks in Slovakia. All my Slovak friends and acquaintances speak with a sincere fondness for Svk Paradise, as well they should because it is truly a national treasure. My travels have taken me to many beautiful places including exploring the Rocky Mountains for 8 years when I lived in Denver. However, I've never seen a place quite like this before. A little more than 3 years ago when I first arrived in Slovakia I came to this place with a group of sophomores from the local high school. I remember it being a really nice experience and had always wanted to return to explore more of this special park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home