Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The most significant question here is: do I belong to the world or do I belong to God? The “love” the world has to offer is always conditional. It’s an “I will love you if…” proposition. So, if we are not beautiful, talented, successful or intelligent then we can’t be worth too much. Whenever I look for my true identity here, to be fed that which I am really hunger for, I only get more hungry. The world, and everything in it will never be able to satisfy what I am truly hungry for, what I was actually created to desire.
On the other side of this story is that place called humility. I made mention of it earlier in the blog. Humility, is a recognition of my inability to navigate my own way through this mysterious thing called life. When I live there, I am in God territory. When I am in God territory I am able to hear His voice. God’s voice is the true voice of unconditional love. It is soft and gentle, forgiving and compassionate. There is a limitless extension of understanding in this voice. It is a voice I can only be transformed by when I allow myself to be touched by it. The choice is mine. My current challenge is to allow God to show me how or why I departed away from His voice and His territory, and how I can ensure that it won’t happen again this way. And in the grand scheme, an even more significant challenge is to dare to allow myself to be loved the way God wants to love me rather than regulating that love in accordance with how I think I deserve to be loved. And so we press on.
Here is my Slovak of the week. His name is Jakub (Jacob) but I call him JJ. JJ is a energetic 16 or 17 year old who is always on a mission. He is a great story teller and is totally fascinated with all things World War II. JJ loves to play sports as well and is a alot of fun to hang around with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home