Sunday, September 03, 2006

It is almost exclusively in these quiet places where God can reveal to me the answers that I seek. When I choose not to enter in to the quiet to meet with God, it doesn’t take long before I lose sight of who God is and then eventually also who I am. It’s really quite simple and yet very difficult. The bottom line is: do I belong to God or do I belong to the world? Will I choose to live in God’s territory or the world’s territory? It is my choice, a choice which must be made every day of my life. God wants all of me, an intimate relationship with me, all the time. Why is that a scary thought for me?
I think part of the answer to that question has to do with control. There is a constant inner struggle within me to hold on to the control over my life and to grab hold of everything I think I need to feel secure. There is no doubt in my mind that my attempt to accomplish this feat is futile. When I am really honest with myself I have to accept the fact that I really do not have control over my life. And I never will. Anything could happen to me at anytime. I don’t get to decide how many days I have here on this planet. The second realization is, what I think my needs are (to feel secure) and what I really do need are two different things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home