Sunday, September 03, 2006

Here is my Slovak of the week. This is my friend Peter. We first met last year at the baseball summer camp and became fast friends. We kept in touch through e-mail over the last year to keep our connection going. But there was also another reason. Peter wanted to come to America as a foreign exchange student for the next school year. I attempted to find him a family in Minnesota but it was not to be. Eventually, through an agency, Peter got his family (in Arizona) and has been preparing to go. This picture was last weekend, 2 days before his departure to America. It was a bitter sweet time for us as we have become quite close. I have heard from Peter that he arrived safely and that he likes his new family and home. God be with you my friend Peter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home