Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I recently had the chance to go to a beautiful park with some people I met at the Cirkev Bratska church (The Bretheren). The park is quite close to my home. Bratislava is surrounded by beautiful hills.
My journey continues to unfold here in Bratislava. I am still in the very early stages of my time here and it seems clear to me that these early stages are meant for something I had not anticipated. With all that has transpired to this point I have to believe that these early months have been largely set aside for my own transformation and growth. As I realize this, two different thoughts occur to me: one is that it’s been difficult to just stay in that place and walk in it because I have a desire to be more active in service; and another is gratitude. I am truly thankful for this trial in my life because I can clearly see how it is bringing me into a place of deeper intimacy with my God. Going deeper with God leads to a greater understanding of who I am. Anytime we grow in our understanding of who God is, and consequently ourselves, we end up in a much better place emotionally, spiritually and intellectually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home