Monday, August 20, 2007


These are my friends David, Majka (Maria)and Liliana Phillips. David is a missionary with Campus Crusade for Christ and hails from Chicago. Maria is a Slovakian native. Lily is a beautiful combination of the two. I had the privilege of joining them in their flat for some dinner and fellowship recently.
My journey here in Slovakia continues to provide a unique opportunity for me to experience God in ways I’m not sure would be available to me in my homeland. Sometimes I think about what my life would look like if I had not come to Slovakia, what would I be doing? Most likely not too much about my life would be different now than it was 16 months ago. We are creatures of habit, routine and structure, us human beings. That’s true of me more than anyone I know. We find comfort in familiarity and predictability. We want to achieve productivity with what we do and then we like to look with pride on our accomplishments. We experience feelings of satisfaction and fulfillment when we use our brains and brawn to create something which is functional and fruitful. In many ways, these human tendencies help us to create a variety of good and beneficial results.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

Hi! You must be too busy running around with Americans to post right now! *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home