Saturday, April 24, 2010

Many people who pursue happiness as the pinnacle of human experience ultimately find unfulfillment because, in my opinion, its simply not in our spiritual DNA to find in this life what we are truly hungry for. Contentment provides something which goes well beyond immediate gratification and even beyond the confining borders of this life. Now, clearly, Paul was a really amazing guy and for many of us to experience contentment as we are starving in a dungeon would be a huge challenge. For those of us who are not suffering such a fate, the point is clear. If Paul and the bible is to be believed, a life with Christ means an existence which is not of this world. And I guess that only makes sense when you consider that we are not finite beings. Each of us has been designed and created for eternity where there are treasures infinitely beyond what we could experience in this life. It begs the question: why would we settle for happiness when we can have contentment?
Well, I have already said more than I had planned for this blog post so I will stop here with the brief summary of my comments at the prison. Most of the men responded with comments that suggested they were intrigued and encouraged by these thoughts. Thanks for reading my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home